- This event has passed.
UNEP- WCMC Meeting on Traditional Knowledge for Global Biodiversity and Development Goals
12th July 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm BST
In this session, that will be conducted on July 12th, 2021, at 02:00 PM London, the UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP- WCMC), will present a mixed-methodological approach to address the above challenges. The approach has proven helpful in:
3) facilitating dialogue between Indigenous peoples and local communities and decision-makers for knowledge sharing.
The mixed-methodological approach was developed with indigenous peoples and local communities in Guyana as part of the project “Integrating Traditional Knowledge into National Policy and Practice in Guyana” (2017-2021) funded by the Darwin Initiative.
- Nigel Crawhall, Chief of Section for Small Islands and Indigenous Knowledge at UNESCO
- Toshao Nicholas Fredricks, Chair of National Toshao Council, Guyana
- Professor Jayalaxshmi Mistry, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
- Dr Deidre Jafferally, Ministry of Amerindian Affairs, Guyana
- Mr Sean Mendonca, Environmental Protection Agency, Guyana
- Dr Lisa Ingwall-King, UNEP-WCMC, UK